Happy Monday! I realized that I haven’t shared a weekly menu in a while and if you are anything like me, you appreciate the ideas. We grocery shopped on Sunday (Hubbs and I go grocery shopping every week for “Sunday-Funday” – it’s our weekly date) and spent about $176 for this week’s food. This $176 wasn’t for just what is on my menu; it also includes breakfast foods, tons of produce, stuff for lunches, etc., and considering we have depleted a lot of what is in our fridge and pantry (one of our goals – use what we have), the $176 isn’t bad. It is over-budget though, so now that we are stocked back up, I hope to be back on track next week. Here is what I’m making this week:
Monday: Salmon with Lentils (Salmon with Lentils) and Broccoli
- I’ll confess, I actually made this last night (Sunday) because I had some salmon I needed to cook. My family really like the salmon with the lemon herb sauce. The lentils…not so much. This was our first time trying lentils and I just don’t think we are ready to eat them by themselves yet. I think we’d like them better in a soup, so I froze the leftover lentils and am planning to make lentils and ham-hocks with them the road.
Tuesday: Tomatillo Chicken over Rice (Slow Cooked Salsa Verde Chicken) with Salad
- I do not use cilantro and I actually use Herdez Tomatillo Verde Cooking Sauce for this. You can also add a can of green chiles if so desired (my family doesn’t like hot and spicy so I leave them out). SO DELICIOUS.
Wednesday: GF Spaghetti with Garlic Bread and Corn
- A simple kid-friendly meal. I use two packs of Mueller’s GF Spaghetti (because there isn’t much in each one), ground beef and a jar of Prego. I make garlic bread using Schar’s white bread, butter and garlic powder (which I place under low broil for a few minutes). Probably not the healthiest meal but it is easy-peasy and it makes my kids feel happy and normal.
Thursday: Shrimp Quesadillas, Refried Beans and Grilled Vegetables
- I’m going to season some shrimp with Adobo and lemon-pepper and then grill it for a few minutes. Then I’ll put it and some cheese inside 2 corn tortillas and put it in a skillet. Cook on each side for a minute or so until the cheese is melted and then VOILA….an easy shrimp quesadilla! I plan to toss some squash, zucchini, asparagus and mushrooms in olive oil, season with lemon-pepper and throw them on the grill for a little bit too.
Friday: Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole (Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole) with Rice and Salad
- I have never made this before but it looks amazing. I hope it’s good!
Saturday: Baked Bean, Sausage and Spinach Skillet (Baked Bean Sausage Kale Skillet) with Salad
- My family prefers spinach so I’m going to substitute spinach for the kale. Hubbs and my son devour this!
- I have never tried either of these recipes so I’m hoping for the best. I do plan to substitute olive oil for the butter in the carrots recipe and I hope that doesn’t mess with the flavor.
Have a great week!