Here is my gluten-free menu for this week:
Mon – Parmesan Meatloaf with Salad
- For this recipe I only use ground beef (I personally don’t care for ground turkey) and because I haven’t been able to find actual gluten-free breadcrumbs at the commissary, I tear apart some gluten-free bread to use as breadcrumbs. I also use Prego for the pasta sauce.
- I really like risotto so I’m excited to try this recipe. The last one I tried, lemon risotto, was a bit too flavorful for my family so I’m hoping this will be more to their taste.
Wed – Breakfast
- Eggs, Sausage and Hash Browns – always a hit in our house
Thurs – Grilled Adobo Porkchops with Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and Corn
- I cheat and use this gravy that I have found at Walmart and our Commissary:
- This recipe is DELICIOUS! My kids, who don’t even like real chicken and dumplings (and neither do I for that matter), LOVE this. I use Gluten-Free Bisquick that I add just a touch of xantham gum to (maybe half a teaspoon) when I make the batter to drop into the soup.
- I also use 1-2 large cans of canned chicken and a frozen bag of mixed vegetables. So good….
Sat – Grilled Hotdogs with Baked Beans
- I believe most of the Bush’s Baked Beans are gluten-free (we always check before purchasing and the cans say it) so we stick with Bush’s.
- We purchase Oscar Mayer Selects Turkey Dogs. They are cheaper than regular hot dogs , taste good, and say “gluten-free.” This is what they look like:
Sun – Creamy Tuscan Chicken with Gluten Free Pasta and Salad
- This is what I make when we are missing Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill! I love this recipe!!! I haven’t made it in a little while so I thought I would make it again since I have some heavy cream leftover from last week that I need to get rid of.
- I don’t use the sun-dried tomatoes. Instead, I cut up fresh tomatoes and sprinkle them and fresh Parmesan on top right before serving.
Hope you all have a great week and Happy Cooking!