Holy cow, it has been forever since I’ve updated my blog! In the month-plus since my last post we have moved, Hubbs has returned to real active duty, E has started piano and golf lessons, N has started Junior Golf, and I am STILL working on my real estate class. For somebody who doesn’t work anymore, I sure feel like I don’t have enough time to do everything I want to each day. I also have decided I am tired of all my stomach issues and am going to try the Whole 30 to see if I can figure out what the heck my body does like to eat – and as an added bonus, I’m hoping to lose some weight. N has been having serious stomach pains also, that his new on-base doctor (yes, we are back to receiving our health care on base) thinks is just “constipation.” To which I said, “yeah, that’s what we were told for about 4 years with E, who has Celiac Disease.” The doctor said, “really, because Celiac usually presents with diarrhea.” “No shit,” I wanted to deadpan (ha, what a pun) but didn’t. Maybe this Whole 30 thing will help N too.
So, here is my gluten-free and Whole 30 menu for this week:
Monday – Grilled Steak with mushrooms sautéed in Ghee served with Salad
- I’m going to season my steak with Whole 30 approved spices, and cook the mushrooms with either the light olive oil or Ghee (fancy butter apparently). I’ll use the olive oil and some balsamic vinegar as dressing. Yum
Tues – Grilled Chicken with Oven Roasted Potatoes and Bacon and Brussels Spout Hash
- I plan to just cut up some potatoes, drizzle light olive oil over them and season with salt and pepper, then cook them at 425 until they look done.
Wed – Cute Little Breakfast Muffins
- I’m omitting the peppers because I don’t like them in my eggs and adding tomatoes because…YUMMY!
Thurs – Grilled Chicken with Salad and Oven Roasted Cauliflower Rice
- I have no idea how this “rice” is going to turn out, so I’m already dreading cooking it. But, if I am to become a better cook I need to get out there and try new things…
Friday – Crockpot Sweet Pork over Lettuce with Avocado
- I’ll admit, I’m nervous about this one because truthfully I don’t really like pork. But because I have to go out of my comfort zone on this Whole 30 thing and keep things still gluten-free, I thought we’d try this.
- I am SO excited to make these green beans. I LOVE green beans! I will probably end up adding some white vinegar to them though, which is allowed on Whole 30.
Hope you don’t mind the Whole 30 additions!
Have a great week and happy cooking