I’m late posting my weekly menu – sorry. On the bright side I am on day 8 of my Whole 30 so YAY ME! I thought it was going to be almost impossible to give up my daily fix of coke/diet coke but truly it hasn’t been that hard, and while I’d like to say to say that I have been drinking tons of water, the truth is I have been drinking 100% juice mixed with water and plain iced tea (on top of the occasional glass of ice water). So this is what I’m cooking this week:
Chicken Puttanesco with GF Pasta (not for me) and broccoli
- I already made this and the sauce-part was delicious but my chicken didn’t turn out very tasty. Then again, I’m not a huge chicken fan so…
Marinated Flank Steak with Oven-Roasted Potatoes
- I already made this too and it was so darn good. I have to be honest though – there is no way in hell I am cooking with dates – I think they’re nasty, so I left them out. It was my first time using coconut aminos and I thought it was alright (I saw mixed reviews online).
- I haven’t made this yet and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to because I’m having a heck of a time finding Whole 30 compliant sausage (which is the only reason I even want to make this!). As if finding gluten-free sausage isn’t hard enough….
- Having these tonight and I can’t wait to try them! Will probably break down and make GF grilled cheese for the kids though because they will freak out if I put this on their plates.
Paleo BBQ Chicken Casserole (served on Buns for Hubbs and N)
- As crazy as it sounds I am leaving out the spaghetti squash because we don’t like it and E and I will eat it over salad. Hubbs and N will probably eat it on tradition (gluten filled….gasp) buns. That is IF I can ever find Whole 30 compliant BBQ sauce.
Skillet Beef Fajitas with Salad
Hope you all have a great week.