I’m late posting my weekly menu – sorry. On the bright side I am on day 8 of my Whole 30 so YAY ME! I thought it was going to be almost impossible to give up my daily fix of coke/diet coke but truly it hasn’t been that hard, and while I’d like to say to say that I have been drinking tons of water, the truth is I have been drinking 100% juice mixed with water and plain iced tea (on top of the occasional glass of ice water). So this is what I’m cooking this week:
Chicken Puttanesco with GF Pasta (not for me) and broccoli
- I already made this and the sauce-part was delicious but my chicken didn’t turn out very tasty. Then again, I’m not a huge chicken fan so…
Marinated Flank Steak with Oven-Roasted Potatoes
- I already made this too and it was so darn good. I have to be honest though – there is no way in hell I am cooking with dates – I think they’re nasty, so I left them out. It was my first time using coconut aminos and I thought it was alright (I saw mixed reviews online).
Roasted Chicken with Sausage and Potatoes
- I haven’t made this yet and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to because I’m having a heck of a time finding Whole 30 compliant sausage (which is the only reason I even want to make this!). As if finding gluten-free sausage isn’t hard enough….
Avocado BLT Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Having these tonight and I can’t wait to try them! Will probably break down and make GF grilled cheese for the kids though because they will freak out if I put this on their plates.
Paleo BBQ Chicken Casserole (served on Buns for Hubbs and N)
- As crazy as it sounds I am leaving out the spaghetti squash because we don’t like it and E and I will eat it over salad. Hubbs and N will probably eat it on tradition (gluten filled….gasp) buns. That is IF I can ever find Whole 30 compliant BBQ sauce.
Skillet Beef Fajitas with Salad
Hope you all have a great week.
Holy cow, it has been forever since I’ve updated my blog! In the month-plus since my last post we have moved, Hubbs has returned to real active duty, E has started piano and golf lessons, N has started Junior Golf, and I am STILL working on my real estate class. For somebody who doesn’t work anymore, I sure feel like I don’t have enough time to do everything I want to each day. I also have decided I am tired of all my stomach issues and am going to try the Whole 30 to see if I can figure out what the heck my body does like to eat – and as an added bonus, I’m hoping to lose some weight. N has been having serious stomach pains also, that his new on-base doctor (yes, we are back to receiving our health care on base) thinks is just “constipation.” To which I said, “yeah, that’s what we were told for about 4 years with E, who has Celiac Disease.” The doctor said, “really, because Celiac usually presents with diarrhea.” “No shit,” I wanted to deadpan (ha, what a pun) but didn’t. Maybe this Whole 30 thing will help N too.
So, here is my gluten-free and Whole 30 menu for this week:
Monday – Grilled Steak with mushrooms sautéed in Ghee served with Salad
- I’m going to season my steak with Whole 30 approved spices, and cook the mushrooms with either the light olive oil or Ghee (fancy butter apparently). I’ll use the olive oil and some balsamic vinegar as dressing. Yum
Tues – Grilled Chicken with Oven Roasted Potatoes and Bacon and Brussels Spout Hash
- I plan to just cut up some potatoes, drizzle light olive oil over them and season with salt and pepper, then cook them at 425 until they look done.
Wed – Cute Little Breakfast Muffins
- I’m omitting the peppers because I don’t like them in my eggs and adding tomatoes because…YUMMY!
Thurs – Grilled Chicken with Salad and Oven Roasted Cauliflower Rice
- I have no idea how this “rice” is going to turn out, so I’m already dreading cooking it. But, if I am to become a better cook I need to get out there and try new things…
Friday – Crockpot Sweet Pork over Lettuce with Avocado
- I’ll admit, I’m nervous about this one because truthfully I don’t really like pork. But because I have to go out of my comfort zone on this Whole 30 thing and keep things still gluten-free, I thought we’d try this.
Sat – Grilled Salmon with Avocado served with Southern Green Beans
- I am SO excited to make these green beans. I LOVE green beans! I will probably end up adding some white vinegar to them though, which is allowed on Whole 30.
Hope you don’t mind the Whole 30 additions!
Have a great week and happy cooking